Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Sangria

Nothing says summer like a glass of delicious sangria. I don't even like wine but I also don't consider sangria to be wine. It's more like a delicious, chilled, summery drink with a wine base. Yes, we'll just go with that description. I also like to combine my sangria with board games and periodically hold a Sangria & Sangria Night at my apartment. Last Sunday, was one of those nights. I made both red and wine sangria and my friends finished off both. I don't have a specific type of wine I use, I just go with whatever I pull out of my wine rack. However, if you're using a really sweet wine such as Muscat, I would suggest cutting out the sugar.

Summer Sangria
1 (750 milliliter) bottle of  red or white wine
1/4 cup brandy
1/4 cup white sugar
1 lime sliced
1 lemon sliced
1 orange sliced
1 apple chopped into small cubes
1 can of ginger ale

  1. Combine all the ingredients, except for ginger ale, and chill, preferably overnight.
  2. Stir in ginger ale prior to serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment