Sunday, August 21, 2011

Blueberry Pie

I can't believe it has taken me this long to blog about my blueberries. I feel like I've deprived people of blueberry deliciousness. Sorry! So a while back, mid-July to be exact, I decided to plan a blueberry picking expedition. That expedition resulted in a bucket full of big, ripe blueberries. Once I got home, one of my friends asked what I planned to do with all of them? As if just planning to stuff myself full wasn't a viable option. Eventually I came to terms with the fact that I realistically couldn't eat a whole bucket of blueberries before they went bad and decided to try my hand at making a blueberry pie. After scouting the internet for recipes, I came across this one and I have to say I was surprised at how easy it was. I always thought fruit pies were more complicated. Well not blueberry pies. They're about as easy as it gets. No peeling, no chopping, just mix all the ingredients, pour into a crust, cover, bake and you're done!

Blueberry Pie
3/4 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
4 cups fresh blueberries
1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
1 tablespoon butter
  1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
  2. Mix sugar, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon, and sprinkle over blueberries.
  3. Line pie dish with one pie crust. Pour berry mixture into the crust, and dot with butter. Cut remaining pastry into 1/2 - 3/4 inch wide strips, and make lattice top. Crimp and flute edges.
  4. Bake pie on lower shelf of oven for about 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.
Original Recipe Link: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/blueberry-pie/detail.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment